RENO v Tacoma
Sept. 10, 2019
Greater Nevada Field; Reno, Nev.
Tonight’s Reno 1868 FC Starting XI vs. Tacoma: 12-Matt Bersano, 3-Benjamin Galindo Cruz, 6-Thomas Janjigian, 16-Brent Richards (capt.), 11-Duke Lacroix, 10-Lindo Mfeka, 23-Sam Gleadle, 8-Will Seymore, 84-Seth Casiple, 21-Corey Hertzog, 9-Danny Musovski
Substitutes: 25-Damion Lewis, 29-Aidan Apodaca, 40-Raul Mendiola, 2-Emrah Klimenta, 13-Nathan Aune, 45-Mattia Trianni, 32-Luis Paradela
- Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Corey Hertzog (28), Duke Lacroix (27), Brent Richards (25), Sam Gleadle (24), Seth Casiple (24), Lindo Mfeka (21), Will Seymore (21), Danny Musovski (18), Matt Bersano (15), Thomas Janjigian (13), Benjamin Galindo Cruz (9)
- Forward Corey Hertzog is the only player on the team to have appeared in every match of the season, with tonight marking his 25th start.
- Outside back Duke Lacroix makes his 27th start of the season, second on the team behind Hertzog. Lacroix, who has not played fewer than 90 minutes in a match this season, leads the team in minutes played with 2,340.
- German midfielder Mattia Trianni is available to make his USL debut tonight. Trianni signed with 1868 FC last week and was in the 18-man roster for Saturday’s match against Fresno FC.
- Tonight’s lineup is almost identical to Saturday’s, with all XI of today’s starters appearing in the weekend’s match. On Saturday, Sam Gleadle started at forward, but will move to midfield tonight with Raul Mendiola moving to the bench. Filling his forward spot is Danny Musovski. The only other difference in the two lineups is Benjamin Galindo Cruz starting in place of Zach Carroll at center back.
- Musovski is making his eighth start of the season after scoring two goals on Saturday.
- Galindo Cruz is making his eighth start of the season, and just his ninth appearance of the season. Galindo Cruz’s 664 minutes played this season is the lowest total of today’s starters.
- Outside back Brent Richards will be the captain tonight for the fourth time in the last five matches. Richard’s season total of fourth matches as the captain are the second most on the team, trailing Carrol’s 22. Midfielder Seth Casiple is the only other player to have served as captiain, wearing the armband in two matches.